Last week the Better Regulation Watchdog Network took action and sent an open letter to Members of the European Parliament.
The action was carried out following the European Commission's recent proposal for an Inter-Institutional Agreement and the Commission communication on Better Regulation for Better Results.
In the letter, the Better Regulation Watchdog Network urges the European Parliament to address the following:
- The Better Regulation initiative should not threaten the democratic powers of the European Parliament and the Council
- The Commission should not propose outright blanket exemptions of EU legislation
- Impact assessments should be used to improve, not threaten legitimate regulation
- Transparency should not lead to even more corporate influence on law-makin
- Better Regulation should not lead to regulatory convergence to the bottom
The letter can be accessed here