We hope that you have all enjoyed some relaxing holidays, despite the difficult circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic. We have noted that there is a big need amongst our affiliates to discuss the consequences of the pandemic in the hotel-restaurant-catering-tourism sector and what needs to be done for the recovery of the sector. Therefore we are setting up an extraordinary virtual meeting for the EFFAT tourism sector open to ALL EFFAT member organisations in the tourism sector interested in participating.
We have the pleasure to invite you all to the video conference (via Zoom), which will take place on: Tuesday, 8 September 2020 from 2 to 6 pm.
In order to allow in-depth discussions, EFFAT will provide simultaneous interpretation into: Active: EN FR DE and ES
Main items on the agenda will be the COVID-19 pandemic and the activities undertaken at national and European level. Particularly, we want to discuss with you the EFFAT Orientation Paper “Relaunching and rethinking tourism with a more sustainable and socially responsible vision” and its implementation. The paper will be up for approval at the next EFFAT Executive Committee meeting scheduled on 10 September 2020.
COVID-19 and the hospitality-tourism sector (reports from participants)
- Situation in the hospitality-tourism sector
- Initiatives taken to safeguard workers income and jobs, and to ensure health & safety
- Measures for reopening
Activities at European level
- EFFAT initiatives so far
- EFFAT Orientation Paper “Relaunching and rethinking tourism with a more sustainable and socially responsible vision”
- Future joint initiatives
Please confirm your participation as soon as possible, by clicking the online link hereunder:
The meeting is accessible via Zoom. On the day of the meeting, you will be able to click the button “Join meeting” via the link and you should be automatically connected to the meeting.
GUIDELINES ONLINE MEETINGS WITH ZOOM
- Install Zoom: If you haven’t used Zoom before, you will be prompted to install the Zoom client. Please install the Zoom software well in advance of the meeting. As we are using simultaneous interpretation you will need to have version 4.5 (or above) for the interpretation module to be visible. Zoom enables you to do a “system check test” of your microphone and speakers after installation.
- Join Meeting: Visit : www.Zoom.com. Click “join a meeting” through the link above or join using your meeting code
- Meeting Etiquette: To help the meeting run as smoothly as possible, please keep the following rules in mind:
- Please check your equipment (in particular your camera/micro) before the actual meeting
- Connect in time for the meeting (waiting room accessible 15 minutes before the start of the meeting)
- Choose a quiet working place
- Only switch on your microphone when you are actually speaking (to prevent annoying background noise)
- Do not interrupt a person who is taking the floor
- Limit your interventions to necessary, clear (and short) messages
- If you wish to speak, ask the floor through the chat function before you say anything. The Chairman will then give you the floor
- If possible, please use an external headset and microphone
- Please avoid direct (day) light in your back
If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact the EFFAT Secretariat.
Looking forward to see you all back virtually!
With kind regards,
Tourism Sector Secretary
- EFFAT Orientation Paper Relaunching and rethinking tourism 2020 07 03 EN
- EFFAT Orientation Paper Relaunching and rethinking tourism 2020 07 03 DE
- EFFAT Orientation Paper Relaunching and rethinking tourism 2020 07 03 ES
- EFFAT Orientation Paper Relaunching and rethinking tourism 2020 07 03 FR
- EFFAT Orientation Paper Relaunching and rethinking tourism 2020 07 03 HR