Grant agreement – VS/2019/0062
EFFAT is looking for an expert in the framework of the project: Making full use of the EU social acquis to better shape the impact of technological developments in the European food and drink industry.
The project has two main objectives:
- To assess the possible impact of automatization and robotisation in the European food and drink industry in the medium and long term.
- To carry out a legal analysis of rights and processes provided by the EU social acquis and national legislation (positive examples) to better shape the effects of technological developments at company level. And to report – good practices at company level to deal with the introduction of technological developments
We are currently looking for the second expert willing to work on objective Nr 2.
The contractor must take stock of all rights and processes provided by the EU social and national legislation (positive examples) to better shape the effects of technological developments and is expected to create a practical working tool addressed to actors at company level on how to anticipate changes due to the introduction of new technologies in the food and drink sectors.
This working tool will include:
- The assessment and conclusions of the activity carried out by the first expert.
- The assessment of the potential impact of robotisation and automation on labour relations and collective bargaining.
- An assessment of all rights and processes arising from the EU social acquis that actors at company level can use to address the impact of technological developments.
- A brief desktop research reporting positive example of legislation and policies adopted at national level to help social partners in dealing with the consequences of digitalisation.
- Case studies/examples of good practices existing at company level to deal with the impact of technological developments.
- Practical guidelines addressed to senior management of transnational companies, EWC members, trade union officers and senior shop stewards to combine rights and processes arising from the EU social acquis with those existing at national and company level in order to shape the impact of technological developments in a constructive manner.
A full description of the objectives, conditions, required expertise and skills, and time schedule can be found in the enclosed tender specifications.
We kindly ask you to forward the attached call for tenders to any expert or researcher who has the required skills and who might be interested in being involved in the project.
Offers should be sent to Enrico Somaglia (by e-mail and registered letter) by 10 March 2020 at the latest.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.